Why should your organization upgrade to Dynamics GP 2010? Read further for 10 compelling reasons...
- Streamline purchase order processing with automated, roles-tailored approval routings. Returns management improvements include password protection for deleting Returns Management Authorizations and the ability to use expired lots when entering purchasing returns.
- Maintain tighter control over distribution by tracking inventory in transit between warehouses with Two-Step Transfers. Flexible lot expiration capabilities alert people when a lot is nearing its expiration date, helping them work proactively to consume the lot, extend expiration dates if appropriate, or edit the lot’s attributes.
- Help people work more productively with the Action Pane, a graphical, roles-tailored command bar—inspired by “Ribbons” in the 2007 Microsoft® Office System—that appears across all navigation lists. Staff can preview and filter details for lists and then perform actions against multiple selected records—without the need to open and juggle new windows.
- Manage planning and production with greater agility. Gain more control over your shop floor with the ability to reverse manufacturing order receipts after posting. A new multi-level pegging tree makes it easy to trace material needs, sources of supply, and new demand generation.
- Simplify installation with prompts and prerequisite checkers for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft® Business Portal, and Windows® SharePoint® Services. In addition, security can be synchronized across Microsoft Dynamics GP, Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP and Business Portal.
- Make it easy and fast to find, use, and share the right information. Using Microsoft Office SharePointTM Server 2007, people can define and initiate searches that return not only structured Microsoft Dynamics GP data, but also unstructured information, including Office Word documents, Office Excel® spreadsheets, and Office Outlook® e-mail messages.
- Facilitate strategic decisions on all levels and transition easily to standard reporting tools with refreshable Excel reports, based on more than 200 SmartList favorites, and more than 75 Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting Services reports. New report types make the Report List a starting point for finding virtually all the reports people need. Whether they’re working in Microsoft Dynamics GP or another application, your people can store, launch, and view reports through Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Report Libraries.
- Boost efficiency with automated notifications and approvals for key financial and supply chain processes. When deployed with Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Dynamics GP delivers roles-tailored, customizable workflow that empowers employees to collaborate systematically on tasks, with a full audit trail that ensures accountability for ownership and actions.
- Save time and improve accuracy for payables processes with the ability to specify and adjust vendor-specific 1099 tax types and box numbers, print in multiple boxes on a single 1099 form, or print multiple 1099s based on tax type. New EFT output options include optional pre-notes, printing non-negotiable checks for EFT payments, validation for transit numbers, and support for corporate payments.
- Efficiently manage demanding payroll requirements. Quickly calculate and make retroactive pay adjustments to employee earnings for supplemental wages, as well as monitor garnishment across different states and jurisdictions. Manage complex deduction priorities and help ensure compliance with the ability to sequence tax-sheltered and garnishment deductions.